Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Elder Johnson has been serving One Year !

Matt needs to start sending photos soon. This is one of 4 cousins from 1996. Where are they today? Elder Tyler Brown in Argentina, Elder Ethan Brown soon to be in Japan. Cassady in College, and Elder Matthew Johnson in Peru.
"In honor of having one year in the mission this week, I want to share my testimony with you all."
"Here in the mission I have learned lots of things, but most of all I have grown in my testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and the atoning sacrifice that he offered for us. I know that the purpose of our lives here on earth is to make and keep covenants with our Heavenly Father personally and as a family.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us and because He does, He has called inspired servants to help us pass our earthly test in this fallen world. I know that if we listen and follow the prophets, we will never be led astray. We will be able to receive the greatest gift of all the gifts our Heavenly Father has for us which is to become like Him. I am grateful for the temple and the fact that we are going to be able to enjoy all of these blessings as a family. I love each and everyone of you and I pray that we will always have the strength and resolve to keep the sacred covenants we have made so that we can be an eternal family.
 I testify of these things in the name of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen."                      Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment