Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Practice a Bit of Carpentry

No photos again, so here is a flashback from the Bountiful Temple on a very cold day about 10 years ago.
 "Wow, what a week! All day Wednesday, we had a meeting with our mission president.  Thursday, we all went in a bus to the MTC in Lima which is about 2 1/2 hours away.  We had a meeting with Elder Robbins, one of the Presidents of the Quorum of the Seventy. Both of the meetings were super awesome and I could feel that Heavenly Father was speaking to me through his servants.  Also, this week I was reading in 1st Nephi about when Nephi broke his bow and it made me think a lot. The first thing that stuck out is that I don't think Nephi was expecting his bow to break, but it did. He wasn't a bad guy and he wasn't doing anything wrong, but when his bow broke, he went hungry too. The difference though is that instead of thinking that he was being punished, he practiced a bit of carpentry and made a new bow and asked his father where to go. The other thing that stands out to me is that the liahona works according to our faith and diligence, or in other words, our ability to be steadfast. I love the scriptures and know that they are true. If we apply them in our lives, we will be able to feel God's love more fully. I love you all and hope you have a great week!"     Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment